12 slices of bread cubed into chunks.
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 heavy cream, half & half, or 1 (15 oz) can of evaporated milk
6 eggs beaten or 1 pint of egg beaters
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 packet of instant maple/brown sugar or apple cinnamon oatmeal
1. Cube bread and place in a gallon sized freezer bag
2. In a mixing bowl mix together the eggs, milk, cream(or half & half or evaporated milk), cinnamon, vanilla till well blended.
3. Pour egg mixture into freezer bag over the bread cubes. Seal bag and gently shake to mix bread and egg mixture together. Set aside to make the topping.
4. In a quart sized freezer bag place all the ingredients for the topping. Seal bag well. Squish the bag for a few minutes to mix together all the topping ingredients:
5. Place both the Casserole bag and the topping bag together in a 1 gallon freezer bag and seal . Lay flat in freezer to freeze.
6. Place frozen bag into the refrigerator the night before you want to bake it. In the morning. Butter a 9x13 baking dish. Fill dish with the egg mixture. Sprinkle the topping in little plops of crumbles over the egg mixture. (optional).
7. Bake at 350 degree's for 45-50 minutes or until it is golden brown and egg mixture is cooked through. Serve in bowls with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
By Elisa Hadley